1. inspire A to do（Aを触発して～する気にさせる）
= Schiller's poem inspired Beethoven to compose his Ninth symphony.
2. motivate A to do（Aを～する気にさせる、動機を与える）
= It is a teacher's job to motivate students to learn.
3. deter A from doing（Aに～するのを思いとどまらせる）
= High prices deter consumers from buying organic foods.
4. preclude A from doing（Aが～するのを妨げる）
= Lack of funds precluded the project from moving forward.
5. lull A into doing（Aを安心させて～させる）
= He lulled me into believing that everything would turn out all right.
6. prompt A to do（Aを駆り立てて～させる）
= What prompted hi to do such a thing?
7. pressure A to do（Aに～するよう圧力をかける）
= The CEO was pressured to resign.
8. bar A from doing（Aが～するのを禁じる）
= The players are barred from drinking alcohol the night before a match.