1. bestow A on B（AをBに授ける、与える）
= An honorary degree was bestowed on him.
2. instill A in B（AをBに植え付ける、教え込む）
= We need to instill confidence in all our students.
3. exonerate A from B（AのBを晴らす）
= The defendent was exonerated from the charge of theft.
4. hail A as B（AをBと称賛する）
= The event was hailed as a great success.
5. liken A to B（AをBに例える）
= Life is often likened to a voyage.
6. perceive A as B（AをBだと考える、とらえる）
= He is often perceived as being overconfident and arrogant.
7. relegate A to B（AをBに降格させる、格下げする）
= The club was relegated to the Second Division.
8. absolve A of B（AのBを免じる、免除する）
= The court absolved him of all charges.